Post 6: The future

Global warming set to wipe at least 10% from GDP – ESG Clarity 

 

Personally, I am someone very anxious and pessimistic, especially regarding the future, both personally and at the level of society. However, recent events in Chile, since the 2019 revolt, through the plebiscite, the establishment and composition of the Constitutional Convention, who is its president and vice president, allow me to have a little more hope regarding the future of Chile.

But I do not harbor that remnant of hope regarding the future of the world, especially due to the problem of climate change, I doubt very much that we will be able to reduce our CO2 emissions enough to avoid the terrible consequences of this process. Which would obviously affect and harm Chile a lot. That is why I think the future will probably not be good.

However, I would like to visit the future, at least to satisfy my curiosity and see if fortunately I was wrong. I would like to go to the year 2060, by that date I will be 60 years old. In that year if we do not manage to reduce our CO2 emissions, the world will be a catastrophe, floods, fires, probably shortages of resources, especially fresh water, which will cause economic crises. If this is the world I will come to, I would not want to stay there, I would like to go back or maybe go to the past.

However, if I arrive in a world in which the problem of global warming has been solved, an ecological and sustainable world and Chile. In addition, it will also be democratic, multinational, where no one is discriminated against because of their gender, where there is well-being and an equal distribution of wealth. In that case I would like to stay.

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog